INTERNATIONAL STUDENT COACHING
College is a time where there are many monumental life changes occur. For many, this is the first time in their lives where decisions are no longer governed by parents or relatives.
For an international student, college is often the first time they step on U.S. soil. In addition to the normal life transition, international students face a myriad of challenges that are foreign to the average college student. International students have to balance their familial expectations back home, adapt to U.S. academics, while dealing with the stark cultural and norm differences. This can be an overwhelming time where feelings of hopelessness often occur. My program is designed specifically for students who are going through this transitional period by providing them with the tools to navigate these barriers successfully. Together will include these master below:
- How to establish a peer group and community connection.
- Learning to understand U.S. cultural norms and expectations
- Developing healthy dietary habits and exercise plan.
- Create and maintain effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Establish SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time Limited) goals for future internship and career opportunities.